Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

OK, the cake is going to be gone today

My Fitness Pal says: 1,470 calories total today *note: I had previously miscalculated peanut butter as being 3T, not 1.5T, and just fixed this.  It was My Fitness Pal having "serving size of 2T" and I had written 1.5 servings when I meant .75 servings.  Anyone else ever have this problem?

Birthday boy is taking his cake with him, so that temptation will be removed.  Irony: This isn't even my favorite kind of cake - it's sort of like a twinkie, and that's not high on my list of favorite things to eat.  I did eat two gigantic strawberries in this deal, and I don't really like fruit or vegetables (despite all my sins lately, I am eating more of those, which is a silver lining) so there's that.  Breakfast of slackers:

Looks like cheesecake but it's not; its just a simple yellow cake with some whipped cream and strawberries on top.  It was about a 2"x2" piece, big enough to hold one giant strawberry. 265 calories according to My Fitness Pal, which seems high, but that's what someone computed or reported, so that's what I'm writing down. I estimate 1.5 cups of milk throughout the day for my four cups of coffee, total, so that's 165 calories, for a grand total of 430 calories to start the day.

Lunch: Yeah, hearty, I know. But a girl's gotta eat.

Similar to the one yesterday, except it's two slices of 15-grain bread, 1.5 tablespoons of grape jelly (not my favorite, but it's what we have), and 1.5 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Do you eat the typical commercial brands of PB? We switched to Smuckers (just peanuts, I believe... maybe they threw some salt in there, I don't know) years ago and have never looked back. It took some getting used to, but now I would never eat the creamy, salty, sugary stuff. Instead I just throw jelly on it (yeah, that's funny, huh?) But seriously, no peanut butter tastes better than just pulverized peanuts.


Dinner and snack, as such:
NOT full-size; "snack size"
Chimichanga, 1/2 slice cheddar, green beans
Did I fail to mention that I just never use full-size plates?  Those plates you see are 8" across; that Chimi is 5" from end to end.

Last minute add: (day's total: 1,470 calories)

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the last time I ate non natural PB. The taste of the natural peanut butter doesn't even compare to the processed stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but be patient since they require approval.